Tuesday 1 January 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year to everyone.....

I spent the new year eve cleaning up my room, putting thing into order to give the new year a fresh start.

I took down all the Christmas decoration in my room and the kitchen, and put them away, into storage.
I really would miss 'them', they really brighten up the mood of the room ......too bad, will only see them again in a year's time.



Most of my friends went down to London, others went to Edinburgh to spent the New Year with friends or family members, only a handful of us remained in Sunderland.

Since it was New Year's Eve, I made chocolate mochi (Japanese sticky rice cake) for the remaining handful of us to eat during the mini countdown Jac proposed.

According to my Japanese language teacher, mochi are eaten during the New Year. So course they are eaten all year round, but it's part of the New Year's tradition.

I must say it taste really good, especially since it was my first try at making it. I flavored the mochi with melted milk chocolate and wrapped chocolate filling in it....
Jeffrey mentioned that the filling tasted like Cadbury chocolate........hahaha......see how successful I was at making it :)

We gathered in the kitchen at 11pm, and played Mah-jong while waiting for the countdown. When the clock strike twelve, we can hear fireworks, randomly set up by the neighboring houses near the student accommodation. It was really pale in comparison to the fireworks display my friends and I saw in London last year.

Year 2007 just ended like that, and when I wake up in the morning, a new year begins.
Resolutions for the New year?
Hmm... let me think.

  • Need to read the Bible more often - please pray for me (> <)
  • Really need more determination in my studies - consistency
  • Need to exercise more.....been lacking on my Yoga exercises
So, what are your New Year resolutions?

Whatever they are, I pray that everyone to be healthy and blessed in the New year.

2 comments:

ielias said...

i like mochi! i bought a lot for CNY. different flavours. can post the recipi? or send me?

Deborah said...

I just goggled it, and made some changes to it. The recipe is not perfect yet.... still need improving.

 
design by suckmylolly.com