Friday 4 April 2008

Oreo

On Wednesday, I went down to town to buy potatoes and vegetables for dinner. At the supermarket entrance, I saw some yellow signs with the words "many item: buy one free one" written in big, bold and black ink.
'Hmm.... that's interesting, must look out for what's on offer,' I thought.
As I enter the supermarket, I grabbed a basket and instinctively walk to the vegetable section, but then, something caught my attention.
I saw an elderly couple holding a long blue packet, with white block words on. It spelled O.R.E.O..... o hang on, did I see it correctly?
O.R.E.O = Oreo, Oreo, Oreo..........
It's Oreo!!!
After living 2 years in Sunderland, this is my first time seeing it!
Price: 75pences a pack, 165grams. Neat, same price as other regular biscuits and cheaper than a whole lot of others.
Here comes the best part, it was under the 'buy one free one' sectio
n. ^^
That means, 75pences for 2.
So, if you convert it to Malaysian Ringgits, it will be just a little
more expensive compare to those sold in Malaysia.
Without hesitation, I grabbed 6 packs into my basket and continue on with my grocery.
Instead of just buying potatoes and vegetables, I went home with O
reo, Sensation crackers, Cadbury chocolate and milkshakes - they were all on offer. ^^
Well, many will think the reason the items were on offer because the supermarket wanted to clear off near expire goods. But that's not the case, I've checked each expiry date before purchasing and they are not going to expire anytime near within a year, except for the milkshake - it's impossible that fresh milk last more than a month.


My Oreos......

Get ready to attack!

Munch, munch, munch...

1/3 gone..

I told Alison (Oreo fan) the delightful news that day, and she went to town to buy them today. Unfortunately, she came home empty handed - I guess that the Oreo were sold out within 2 days.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com