Thursday 24 December 2009

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas to everyone!
Especially to friends and family which are far far away in Malaysia, USA and Russia......

I'm coping with 'Christmas loneliness' well this year.
That's probably because I've been so busy with school work that I didn't realize that Christmas was around the corner. Well, I knew that Christmas was coming, but not as soon as I thought it will be - first week into December and I have not posted any Christmas cards yet *panic** *panic**

So, what was keeping me busy?
-
-
-
Lab work, to be precise final year project lab work on dissolution of gelatin and HPMC capsules in HCl and sodium phosphate buffer solution.

I've been in the lab from 9am to 5pm, twice a week for 3 months to complete my labwork. On top of that, there's still seminars, lectures and other assignment to hand in. Time literally flew without me knowing.....

But praise the Lord, I've completed all lab assignments, the remaining bits is to wirte up a paper on my work.


xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo


It snowed for intermittently for 3 consecutive days since last thursday, a new record since I've been in UK, there was sufficient snow to build snowman.
Ha ha...... My friends and I made a 'Malaysian snowman' - red chilli as his nose, and two small onions as his eyes. lol

I know it doesn't look great, but we did out best :)


That was the fun bit, but the weather is getting colder and the snow is not metling at all.
It's also causing lots of traveling problem. A friend of mine who is returning to Malaysia for holidays got stuck in Amsterdam airport for 24 hours because her flight was canceled.
Another friend only managed to arrive in New York to visit her relatives after having her flight canceled/re-scheduled 4 times, delayed for three days and waiting at the airport for 18 hours.

Having flight canceled/delayed is really nerve wracking, I've experinced it and it's not pleasant.
But it's all good now that they've reached their destination safe and sound.

There are still many who are finding ways to get back home, I pray that everyone else will be able to reach home to celebrate Christmas with friends and family.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Wei Keat said...

malnutrition snow man... XD
finally an update in your blog... :P

ielias said...

Merry Christmas! Take care Debbie!

Deborah said...

Merry Christmas to both of you.

@Wei Keat
Building snowman is not as easy as you think..
Ha ha.... as I say it's a Malaysian snowman, asian petite size.

 
design by suckmylolly.com